Utility vehicles are motorized vehicles designed for a specific task. They are usually used for municipal purposes such as cleaning and watering roads, collection and disposal of garbage, sewer cleaning, and winter services. The work of utilities is often invisible. However, the comfort of all inhabitants of large and small cities and towns depends on its effectiveness. Various utility vehicles reduce manual labor, such as vacuum and garbage trucks, sweepers, and municipal tractors.
Vacuum trucks and garbage trucks are especially relevant in the city conditions as all necessary sanitary and hygienic conditions are observed using these machines. Garbage trucks are used to collect and transport municipal solid waste to the garbage dump. Equally important are also vacuum trucks as they are used to clean cesspools and transport them to disposal places. The streets are kept clean by the use of sweepers. Municipal tractors are machines used to clean roads from debris and snowdrifts.
Special vehicles are equipped with specialized equipment to carry out one specific task. They include:
- Tow trucks are designed for loading, unloading, and transporting cars in case of an accident, a breakdown, or violation by the driver of a number of traffic rules.
- Fire trucks are emergency vehicles equipped with fire-fighting equipment.
- Ambulances are vehicles transporting patients to medical institutions such as hospitals.
- Collector’s vehicles are used to transport large quantities of money or other valuables.
- The ground support equipment is intended to service the aircraft between flights.
Find the utility vehicles to fit your needs
Explore Truck1’s wide choice of new and used utility vehicles from Mercedes-Benz, DAF, MAN, Renault manufacturers, and many others; find the suitable machine to fit your requirements and budget. Remember to visit Truck1 on a regular basis as new vehicles are added every day.