- Construction machinery
- Dumpers 1086
- Mobile cranes 753
- Truck mounted aerial platforms 315
- Concrete mixer trucks 346
- Mixer pump trucks 9
- Concrete pump trucks 221
- Forestry equipment
- Timber transports 143
- Municipal/ special vehicles
- Garbage trucks 642
- Vacuum trucks 314
- Sweepers 495
- Tow trucks 186
- Fire trucks 165
A truck is a wheeled motor vehicle transporting cargo. There are lots of trucks by size, power and configuration. Depending on the size, they are divided into several categories:
- light trucks represented by minivans, pickup trucks, tow trucks and others;
- medium trucks (box trucks, platform trucks, fire trucks, etc.);
heavy trucks (garbage trucks, tipper trucks, tractor units, refrigerator trucks, etc.);
- super-heavy trucks (haul trucks, ballast tractors and others).
These vehicles are powered by diesel or gasoline engines.
Trucks usually consist of a chassis, a cab, a cargo platform, axles, suspension, road wheels, an engine and a drivetrain.
Body types of trucks
- Flatbed trucks have only a chassis. They are used to haul different sorts of materials that are held down with the help of ropes and sheeting.
- Tipper trucks have an open-box bed that is hinged at the rear and lifts at the front. So that allows the material from the truck to be unloaded. Tippers are used for landscaping and demolition to carry big amounts of sand, gravel, etc.
- Crane trucks are trucks with attachments of cranes of different types.
- Box trucks consist of a rigid body with walls and a roof. They are suitable for secure transporting of goods.
- Refrigerator trucks have a temperature-controlled body with a refrigerator inside. They are used to haul food or any materials keeping the appropriate temperature.
- Tank trucks have a tank fitted to the chassis for carrying liquids, gases and bulk materials.
- Curtainsider trucks have a roofed frame with canvas curtains that can be drawn back and let the truck to be loaded.
- Cab chassis trucks are vehicles with no bed attached to the frame. They have just rails and cab. So the customer can add all the necessary equipment for his or her needs.
Quality vehicles from professional truck traders
If you are looking for used trucks for sale, get your pleasure from the work of our website Truck1 as it presents a wide selection of trucks for sale in the UK and all over the world. Here you will find such reputed brands as Mercedes-Benz, MAN, Volvo, Iveco, Renault and others. We have a large stock of second hand commercial trucks as well as new ones. The easy-to-use navigation system will make you enjoy the moment of choosing your future truck. Feel free to contact the dealer by phone call or special button on our site to discuss all the remaining issues. Make your dream come true, use Truck1 UK services!