Curtainsider semi-trailers2266Refrigerator semi-trailers1105Closed box semi-trailers537Isothermal semi-trailers250Dropside/ Flatbed semi-trailers857Tanker semi-trailers596Silo semi-trailers128Chassis semi-trailers16Container transporters/ Swap body semi-trailers797Walking floor semi-trailers186Belt semi-trailers6Autotransporter semi-trailers60Timber semi-trailers97Beverage semi-trailers12Livestock semi-trailers44Horse semi-trailers1
Number of axles
GURLESENYIL tipper semi trailers
Schmitz Cargobull Thermotrailer ThermoKing SLXi300, Palettenkasten
34 334 GBP
Meusburger 1+3-Achs-Tiefbett-Kombination mit Halbachsen
Doll 2-Achs-Tiefbett-Sattelauflieger Pantherfahrwerk
Wielton Aluminiowa 46 m3
37 459 GBP
Faymonville 4-(1+3)-Achs-Tele-Semi-Radmulden-Rampen zg
FAYMONVILLE MAX Trailer 3-Achs-Mega-Tele-Plateau Radmulden
Faymonville MAX Trailer 4-Achs-Tele-Semi mit hydr. Rampen
A semi-trailer is a type of a freight trailer without a front axle supported by a tractor unit. Only the rear of the semi-trailer is supported by its own wheels. Every semi-trailer usually has a loading gear to support it when it is uncoupled. Semi-trailers are frequently used to transport the whole load to one destination. They convey heavier and larger loads than trailers. It is easier and faster to use them during loading as they are detachable.
Types of semi-trailers depending on material
- Sheet-and-post trailers are constructed with the use of steel and aluminum. These semi-trailers are considered to be strong, versatile and reliable. That is the reason why they are still in use these days.
- Composite semi-trailers are made from a combination of materials such as epoxy resin, carbon with fibers. So it is possible to make strong constructions with relatively light weight. They are more corrosion resistant and require very little upkeep so these semi-trailers can serve a longer life than steel.
Semi-trailers by applications
- Flatbed trailers are the most commonly used trailers. They are open on all sides and do not have a roof and any coverage. They are perfect for shipping large items as the load can easily get out with the help of a crane.
- Drop deck semi-trailers have a floor that drops down a level once clear of the tractor unit.
- Lowboy semi-trailers have the load floor as close to the ground as possible.
- Refrigerated semi-trailers usually use refrigeration for hauling frozen foods.
- Dump semi-trailers can lift the trailers bed up to allow the cargo to slide out.
- Box semi-trailers are fully enclosed metal box protecting the load from weather.
- Tank semi-trailers are used to transport liquids and gases.
- Tipper semi-trailers raise and tilt their platform. They are used for any garbage removal or construction project.